Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm a "Special" Sister

Wowwwwww.  Humility is all I can say. 
I really think the thing I have learned most the last 2 weeks is humility. I have a lot of issues with ever thinking that I am good enough, and being here on the most important journey, that issue has been heightened. I have really learned to let the Lord help me and allow him to provide me with the necessary tools I need to teach.  Matthew 19 24-26 says "but with God all things are possible". I truly believe that. I also didn't really think I could learn anything from the people in my district and they have all taught me more than I could ever express. Very humbling.

Speaking of teaching. I love it so much. Sis. Morty and I are doing really great together and we have had some amazing experiences in the TRC (Teaching Resource Center where they have fake investigators for  us to teach) and everytime we teach the Spirit bears testimony to me that I am where I am supposed to be and also how much he loves his children and wants them to return to Him. We really are so blessed to have the Gospel in our lives because it was set up completely for us.  It's such a neat thing to be able to look at someone and really believe they are investigating the church and want nothing more for them than to help them come unto Christ. I love it.  People keep asking me how I am doing with working out and eating healthy which means you all know me too well :) I have been running a  ton during Gym and have made a couple sister running buddies. The meals are rough sometimes, but I can eat salad and wraps most days. Thanks for caring! It makes me smile.

Linz gave me a pen before I left that says "special sister" on it. It's my favorite pen because of how it writes so I get a lot of laughs when I say I'm a "special sister". Pretty funny.

We had the most hilarious meeting last night about health in the field. The Doctor on campus was hilarious and kept talking, very much descriptively about how to avoid getting rectal diseases. Awesome, right? I felt like a kid because everytime he said "stool, rectum, rectal or bowel movement" I about peed myself.

I love missionary work and I love being here. My companion and I have become so close and I am so grateful for that. She has blessed my life in so many ways and so have the other sisters in my district. We all have our own weaknesses and we help each other out.

I wish I had more time to write, but the ticker is-a-tickin. I love receiving letters! It's a breath of fresh real-life- air, so thank you! I feel so loved and blessed to have the support of so many.

Love,
Sista Brink

1 comment:

  1. You will be a fabulous Sister Missionary and bless the lives of so many! I am so proud of you Sista Brink. May the Lord Bless you and your wonderful family. Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete