Wednesday, December 15, 2010

12 Days of Christmas

Today is the first day of the "12 Days of Christmas" countdown! How grateful I am to my Mom who had us take presents to families for these 12 days. We are doing it for Robert Webster Light Jr (RWLJ) and we are so excited. Thank heavens that my Mom sent me the BEST CHRISTMAS BOX EVER and EVER and that we have lots of goodies to share.
  Speaking of the Christmas box... I can't even explain how much fun it was to open this box. A Christmas Tree! And Ornaments! And Stockings!
  And the comfiest blankie I've ever seen! And lots of Socks! And a baby nativity! Our little apartment is just reaking of Christmas now, and I wouldn't have it any other way. My companions were pretty in awe, and all I had to say was "Yep, thats my Mom for ya." They loved their stockings and little gifts too. THANKS MOM!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

 This week was so great. RWLJ is just progressing so much. I went to a baptism with him on Friday (my comps stayed at the VC and I went on Splits with another companionship to meet him at the baptism) and he was just so excited for his day. He is getting baptized on 1/1/11! How cool is that (I asked Robert that once and his response was: "frozen". Man, isn't he awesome?!)?? He came in to the VC last week after having talked about baptism with us the night before and said :
" What do I have to do to be baptized?" Talk about golden!  RWLJ wants the Baptism to be performed at 11:11. We'll see if that can really happen... Haha. We had an awesome lesson with him this week with Bro. McDonough from out ward and it was just so perfect. Bro. McDonough used to be atheist and is very intellectual so RWLJ can relate a ton to him. He came to church on Sunday and it was just such a treat. He loves looking through the Hymn Book and seeing which hymns were written by classical composers. He has the memory of... an I don't know what... but it's a good one. I made him a countdown-to-Roberts-baptism calendar and he LOVES it. He said: "After my Baptism, would you inscribe (he wants everything we give him inscribed... so we write : 'to Robert...' and he keeps everything--ensigns etc.-- in a ziploc baggie for 'safe-keeping'.) my Calendar? And then I will lock it up so it won't get damaged." Its a piece of paper with a quote on it, some holly that I drew (about which RWLJ said :"You're a signer, painist AND an artist?!" if only he knew how bad I wish I could draw... you should all know that I am NOT a good artist. My mom taught me to draw holly for christmas time and thats about all I can do....) and a calendar with the days we are going to meet, what we will teach and things he should do everyday until then.  Needless to say,  he is a  miracle.

We had a guy come in to the VC this week with a girl. They had JUST met on the bus an hour before and then they came in to the VC, she was a member but he didn't know anything about the church. I would daresay he is prepared for the Gospel. He has had a REALLY hard life, lost his son at 3 and a half months old and has just been angry at God. I can't even tell you how amazing it was to look at him and say: "I know you will see your son again". And then his expression after hearing. Really amazing. He was totally feeling the spirit and it was a remarkable experience.

So. I watched "Noras Christmas Gift" and "Mr. Kreugers Christmas" back to back on a slow morning at the VC. Bad idea. I BAWLED. And couldn't stop crying. I was just thinking about how much I have taken for granted, especially at Christmas time and how I want to be so much better. And I cried because I felt bad for Mr. Krueger. Sis- you shouldn't watch that Movie, it would be a wal mart man all over again.

Well I am going to end for now, I have lots of other stories but I need to go! Merry Christmas! I love this season so very much. And I love this gospel with all of my heart.

Sista Brink

Me and my compas!

With the Old Lady that I walked with to the Farmers Market.  That's our service project every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment