Monday, May 16, 2011

The Labor was difficult, but I have a happy, healthy, 21 year old girl...


Yep, that's right. I'm a Mom. Can you believe it? The contractions were mild, but I made it through ok. Haha. Silly mission lingo. Sister Bodily is from Kamas, UT. She is adorable. I feel so bad for her all the time because I remember what it was like to be a new missionary... Just crazy busy all the time and wondering if you are ever going to get the hang of this. No fun at all. She was called Spanish speaking, so when President asked me to train, it was also a "And she is Spanish speaking... so... you better keep learning Spanish..." Which is just kind of funny. So we are practicing as much as we can, but we need to practice more. Life as a missionary really just gets crazier and crazier and crazier. It never ever slows down. We get along great. She is super quiet and sweet, and I'm... well... not so quiet and I guess I can be sweet if I want. I am more brass than sweet haha. But we have a great balance and she is awesome. I'm learning so much from her all ready.

Being a trainer is an interesting thing... I'm constantly worried about how obedient we are being and how well I am helping her adjust and everything. She is doing fine, but I can totally relate to being brand new and just wondering how in the heck I was going to survive 18 months of this. And now I'm wondering what I am going to do when this is all over because it's just too much fun.

Megans baptism was Saturday and it was amazing. Really. we had a great turn out, mostly missionaries because she was taught by so many, and everyone was so supportive of her and everything. I am so happy for her. She is so excited and her testimony was fantastic. Totally made me cry.

So we had a crazy crazy preparation day so I am actually out of time all ready because I didn't plan very well... so this is all for today. I know it's short, but deal with it.

(Dear Mom: I didn't get to write you a hand written letter today :( I'm so sorry. Our zone activity took 2 hours and so I didn't have any spare time. I really am sorry. I love you so much and miss you!

Sista Brink

p.s. the pictures are at Megan's baptism... she is amazing. The Elders are the other set of Elders that taught her.






No comments:

Post a Comment