Monday, July 18, 2011

Notta Lotta

Really there is not a lot today.

Mostly it goes like this. We find investigators. And then we find out where they live. And then we realize they don't live in our area. So we give their address to the other Sisters. Which is OK, because we are all on the same team, right? BUT we also want to teach people. Especially a family. And we found one this week, for their area :( but also really cool that a family will be introduced to this wonderful Gospel.

Sometimes I miss the little things.

I think I pulled my hamstring this morning because I did like 10 lunges. Nice. Way to be out of shape. Although I do jump rope like a jumpin-rope-freak but I guess that doesn't work the hammie hams. And they are truly HAMS right now if you know what I mean. I was really looking forward to growing on my mission. But only spiritually... But I guess I'm doing SO much growing that its influencing my outer-ness also. You get the point.

I mean honestly. We have no social life, no dating life, no retail therapy time, no nap time, no drive-through-sonic-for-a-diet-dr.-pepper-when-you-want-a-chocolate-cake time, no yoga time, no run at 8 o clock because your stressed time. What do we have? We have meals. And Cinnamon Toast Crunch (actually, I prefer Oh's, but any type of cereal will do.) So then what happens? That is our out, our time to just release. So we eat. And we gain weight.UGH. Has. To. Stop. Just did, ok. Done.

 But THEN Courtney sends an amazing package of healthy treats that makes me feel so good. AND a member in my ward LOVES to make zero point vegetable soup, so she gave me a whole stock because she freezes a ton at a time. I'm lucky.  
Wah wah wah.

Granny G is amazing. We come over and her face lights up and she basically screams, which is hilarious to see on a little 70 year old woman. She believes the Book of Mormon is true (which, it is... so...) and she has started doing her family history. That will be an amazing thing when she does the work for her ancestors because she will be the first one in her family for sure. All of those people waiting for her to do it for them. Pretty amazing. She actually is not completely sure about all of the afterlife stuff, but she is starting to understand. So amazing.

Quadra is getting baptized NEXT weekend the 30th instead of this weekend because of those Mormons and the Pioneer day Hoopla. It will be so great and she is so excited. I love that girl so much.

Met lots of neat people at the Visitors Center this week. It was super fun. And super great to see Tay Frey! And bummed I missed the bro and Stac :( Silly sisters. I was RIGHT there, they couldve just had you step outside or something and see me drive my so you could wave me down. I literally was 15 feet away from the Visitors Center in a car and they probably knew I would be close. Lame, I'm sorry.

I was supposed to write a lot of letters today. BUT I didn't. Because of a situation at the Hair School... SO if you were expecting one... I'm sorry it didn't happen today. (courtney, this is for you ... I LOVEEEEEEEED the package. I'm sorry I didn't get a letter to you today :( And tell Brad that he better have chosen a good one for that concert. That can't just be anybody! Man!)

Hmmmmmmm. I finished "our search for happiness" this week. If you haven't read that, READ IT. Seriously it's amazing. Just puts everything in a very simple, and to the point way and it really strengthened my testimony a lot. This Gospel is SO real. Completely real. It's so wonderful. People ask what is the best part about being a missionary a lot. The answer is this: seeing the remarkable change that happens when somebody realizes that the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that we will live forever with our families if we do all that the Lord has asked of us.

SO Sarah Tindall Clarkson is famous here at the Visitors Center! She has a Mormon.org video and when I saw it I was so surprised and was so excited to tell everyone "I KNOW HER!". Justin- what is crazy is that I was just thinking about you because I had just  read that talk/ book that you had sent me about Remarkable Women by Pres. Uchtdorf. And then I saw Sarah. SO it was really funny timing. But really, thank you so much for that book. It has helped me in so many ways. You are a great friend. I read that book like 3 times this week and it has really been a powerful thing because it is TOTALLY applicable to me. Thank you thank you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRFR! Brig, I love you and you are amazing. I am so excited for the exciting things coming your way :) Tell the little one that her auntie sis Brink loves her. I hope you had a great birthday.

Ok well I am outta here. The gospel is good. And true. And fun. And even though I hate my hair sometimes, this is worth it.

Sista Brink

No comments:

Post a Comment