Monday, November 7, 2011

It was destined to happen.


So. I'm not going to really write a super big thing today because I have other things I need to take care of... Gonna be a bullet-point style today.

- we went to UCLA campus today and walked around (I had been around, never ON campus). I have never felt like such a small fish in a big pond. And it was scary. I probably will throw up my first day back at BYU. And all of those people get me! (Sort of)
- K didn't turn out like we thought. The concept of ONE God is very new, so its totally understandable that she felt a little overwhelmed and needed some time to ponder. But the lesson was amazing, the spirit was strong, and she is an absolutely incredible person.
-Did lots of finding. Had a neat experience trying to follow the spirit. It was like 8:30 and so we only had a few minutes. We stopped this girl on the street over by UCLA and she was from Brazil, here for a short study thing. She said she would be interested in having the missionaries in Brazil. So we got all her info of course, but then when she walked away the Spirit said "STOP HER!" So I quickly said "Can we teach you until you go back?" She said, Yeah! So we are meeting her tomorrow :) She is beautiful. Beautiful Brazilian.
-So maybe we finally got the courage to talk to a VIP in our ward. And maybe she wants us to come over for dinner. And maybe she has a referral for us... Pretty exciting. She seriously is beautiful and stunning and very humble.
-I bore my testimony in relief society yesterday all about my Mom and how she taught me the importance of loving people. Loving them regardless of who they are, what they look like, etc. It was very needed for me to express my gratitude for my Momma. Momma- you are amazing!
-We have a tender mercy family in the ward. We will call them the Seagull family (I hope you know who you are). They are seriously such a huge blessing to me. Sis Seagull is my sister and I don't know what I would have done without her these last few weeks. They have been so wonderful to us and always seem to say things at dinner that we totally need to hear. The other night, the subject was "Don't worry. Enjoy your mission and don't sweat the small stuff. Love people, and thats all that matters." That was a bit of a Neon Sign for me, if you know what I mean.
-Jenn Johnson. I. Love. You. Thank you for being here at the right time. You are such a blessing in my life. Thank you for... Everything.
-Sis Green is such a blast. we are having such a fun time.
-I am grateful to be a missionary. So. Grateful.

Love you all. PS you are all getting bad at writing. Come on! I still have a looooooooong time! I need letters :)
Sista Brink

No comments:

Post a Comment