Monday, January 23, 2012

Transfer Fate


My transfer fate was actually really wonderful. Sis Orellana is my new companion and it was one of those "Ah, it would be great to be companions with her but that will NEVER happen because we are too good of friends and too much alike...." BUT it did happen! She is young in the mission, I am only her 2nd companion, but we are the same age and we love all the same things mostly. We run around the neighborhoods every morning and we cook all of our food together. It's quite adorable actually. She is awesome. I really feel like she is my little blessing for the end of my mission. We can really relate about a lot of things and we have a lot of fun. AND we work reallylllllllyllllyyyy hard which is great too.

A tribute to my lovely:
You know who you are.... I love you so much! I am so grateful I could serve with you and for the friendship that we developed. You taught me so much, but you know that. I hope everything is going well and that you are getting all taken care of. I can't wait to see you again and give you a big squeeze. You are incredible and I miss you, but I know that everything is going to be OK! You are an incredible person, friend, example, etc etc etc. I hope you know that. XOXOX

The week was great. Saying goodbye to my Moon Bear was sad, BUT she is right next door! So she comes-a-knockin every day just about and we see each other all the time. She rights me little notes and they ALL go in my journal because they are hilarious. My favorite part about Sis Moon is when she tells people that she is from Korea she always says "It's in Asia". hahaha. Adorable... (Court... your comment about it made me laugh so hard). Sis Moon was an incredible companion and I learned so much from her! I am so grateful I was able to serve with her for 6 weeks. The morning of transfers I woke up to Sis Moon shuffling around all nervously. She couldn't sleep so she had woke up and packed EVERYTHING to move. Hahaha. She was pretty nervous about moving over to Westwood but she is doing great and she will continue to do great things.

Sis Orellana is from Guadalajara Mexico (Cool, Mom, right?!) but she has lived in the states for 5 years so her English is great. And she is helping me con mi espanol. I was really excited to find out she was my companion. I had actually totally called it, but no one believed me. Maybe they should from now on....

I have to be honest, I'm pretty happy I never have to have a transfer drama night again. It's so stressful for everyone to wait and find out where they are going and who they're companion is. All of us sisters were actually in the same room when we found out, which was pretty funny because no one could hide their emotions about who they were going to be with, and their new companion was right there. Haha. Everyone seemed pretty happy though. It's always interesting to move areas and companions (I mean I wouldn't know much about the area part as I am only in my 3rd area. Hahah) Oh yeah, I stayed in Brentwood... if you didn't gather that...

E. Fillerup: We are working on that list. THANK YOU! We are actually going to see the Fred (you finish it) fam tomorrow and we are so excited. They let us come back after we said you sent us and they said they LOOOOOVE you. You are the best!

We have a new investigator who is amazing! We shall call her.... Polly. She is so great. And so humble... she has been through a lot and has a strong desire to know truth. I really love her a lot. We taught her yesterday after Stake Conference and it was really great. Stay tuned!

Yesterday our Stake Conference was a regional conference broadcast from Salt Lake. L. Tom Perry spoke, along with Barbara Thompson (MY FAVORITE), Steven R. Snow and Clay Johnson. It was really great! Abuelo was there and he liked it, as well as Polly. Our other people have kind of drifted off, they aren't super interested anymore, but that is ok. We are looking for God's elect and trusting that those people will definitely be taken care of.

OH MY GOSH! I MET PRESIDENT UCHTDORF! I'm not sure how it took my whole e-mail to bring that up. He just walked into the Visitors Center this week and went to the bathroom. Sis Orellana and I were eating and Sis Pintobean came back to get our new director E. Shakespeare (he was sitting with us) and she, very calmly, said "Elder Shakespear, Sister Shakespear needs you.... President Uchtdorf is here." Sis O and I looked at eachother in shock and then stood up so fast. He was so kind! See attached picture. (Yes, we were touching elbows) He was really funny and his wife is so great! I felt a strong presence while he was in the center. He really is an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, I know that for sure.

Anyways.... not much else to report on. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I love it so very much! It's weird to think that I won't be Sister Brinkerhoff anymore very soon... Very sad. I love the service that we about and I really do believe that it is the absolute most important thing in the world to prepare to live with our father in heaven and to help others do the same. I love this.

Thank you all for everything! I have the best friends and family in the world.

XOXOX
Sista Brink

Pictures:
Me and Sis> O
Sisters and E. Uchtdorf!


No comments:

Post a Comment