Thursday, October 13, 2011

I love to see the temple.


I went there today! Let me tell you something. I love the temple. So. Much. It really is the best place. The only bad part about temple Preparation Day (the pday that we go to the temple) is that we have to wake up at 5:30. And seriously that ONE hour throws me off so badly. I can't pretend to be a morning person. I have slept past 6:30 one time in the last year and only because I was sick, and I have done that ONLY because God told me to through a little book called the Missionary Handbook. When I get home, 6:30 will not be my rising time. At all. I wish I could pretend it will be. But nope. Anyways, the temple was really amazing. I am so grateful for the peace I can feel there. People ask us questions about the temple all the time, and while we don't say TOO much, I love testifying of the peace and serenity I feel while in the temple. I know it is truly the house of the Lord.

I think this has been just a really interesting transfer, for a lot of missionaries... A lot of the sisters seem to be really ready for the transfer to come, including me. But I am trying to not "wait for the golden ticket" and be happy and excited about each day. It's working for the most part! I am taking it one day at a time. My mission president encouraged me to really keep a miracle log... I write one a day all ready but I need to do more with it... I will let ya know how it goes.

We had a mini missionary again this last weekend. It was way fun. She was a doll and we really had some miraculous experiences with her. Some very frustrating experiences like being thrown off of a premises in West Hollywood. Good times. BUt over all, she loved it and was a great missionary.

FINDING! It's going better. Calling a bunch of old referrals, and have had some pretty hilarious chats with some people. A lot of them have moved, but we have gotten 2 new investigators kist from calling someone who at one point requested a DVD or a Book of Mormon. So thats good! Hopefully they will follow through. Faith and prayer!

I really just don't feel like writing much today. And most of my time was my letter to the mission president.... So I'm just gonna send some pictures and wrap it up today.

My pictures:
Sisters in front of the temple!
Mini Missionary!
This is what happens to my hair after the shift when I am putting numbers into the computer and Sis Franks rubs my head. Love it.







Sista Brink

No comments:

Post a Comment